My library’s summer reading program for the kids this year is themed “Caution: Reading Zone.” We’re going for a “building” sort of vibe. We took this idea and applied it to a few of our Children’s Department walls. I love it!
- cheap plastic tablecloths
- dessert sized colored plates (in matching colors with the tablecloths)
- masking tape
- Cut the tablecloth in half lengthwise
- Cut the halves into smaller sections
- 30″ (for a 2×2 block)
- 45″ (for a 2×3 block)
- hang each block on the wall securing on the back with rolls of masking tape along the edges.
- Place the plates in rows of matching colors on your blocks. (I used the plates face-up instead of face-down as in the inspiration photo. With the style of plate we purchased, I liked this look better. Do whatever works for you!)